A Bit About Me
During her archaeological career Shannon has organised, ran and participated in varies levels of heritage (Aboriginal and historical) work in New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania. Shannon has a strong background in the management of Indigenous and historical projects for mining, government and private industry. She has also consulted and worked extensively with Indigenous communities throughout Australia and has a sound knowledge of the following:
• Native Title Act 1994 (SA)
• Aboriginal Heritage Act (SA)
• Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
• Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 (SA)
• Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (WA)
• National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 (NSW)
Shannon has experience liaising with regularity bodies and stakeholder on behalf of her clients to ensure legislative compliance and the best outcome. She also prides herself on achieving the best practise outcomes to the standards of the Australian International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and the Australian Archaeological Association (AAA).
In 2013 Shannon was awarded a grant by the Federal Government (Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities) to undertake a excavation and research in the Pilbara. This project commenced in October of 2013 and was a joint venture between, Anthropos Australis Pty Ltd, the Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation, the Yindjibarndi Aboriginal Corporation, Kirsty Potts (Archaeologist) and Shannon. The preliminary results from this research were presented at the 2013 AAA conference.
- The Aurora Solar Energy Project (desktop assessment, archaeological survey and stakeholder facilitation) – Solar Reserve.
- The Oodnadatta Track Project (desktop assessment and archaeological survey) – the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI).
- The Moomba to Merty Merty Re-Sheeting Project (desktop assessment, archaeological survey and monitoring) – DPTI.
- The Torrens Rail Junction Project (historical excavation and archaeological monitoring) – Laing O’Rourke.
- The Adelaide Festival Plaza Project (historical excavation under permit) – Mot McDonald & DPTI.
- The Strzelecki Crossing to Montecollina Bore Re-Sheeting Project (desktop assessment and archaeological survey) – DPTI.
- The Strzelecki Track Re-Sheeting MM155 – MM238 Desktop Assessment – DPTI
- The Strzelecki Track Re- Sheeting MM173 - MM197 (Archaeological survey and monitoring) – DPTI.
- The Yalata Construction Camp Project (desktop assessment, archaeological survey and stakeholder
facilitation) – Australian Army 6th Engineering.
- The Parachilna – Blinman Road Re-Sheeting Desktop Assessment – DPTI.
- The Yunta to Tea Tree Road Borrow Pit Desktop Assessment – DPIT.
- The Wilfred Taylor Master Plan Desktop Assessment – One Eight Sport and Leisure.
- The Darlington Flinders Link Rail Extension Desktop Assessment – DPTI.
2021 - Current
June 2017 - Sept 2018
Jan 2017 - June 2017
May 2015 - April 2016
April 2011 - May 2015
May 2015 - April 2016
GSA Pty Ltd
Cultural Heritage Manger
Terra Rosa Pty Ltd WA
Biosis Pty Ltd NSW
Anthropos Australis Pty Ltd WA
Land Access Solutions Pty Ltd WA